Target Launches Post-Mastectomy Swimwear
We don’t really expect to see mainstream retailers catering to breast cancer survivors.
They should, of course, since in addition to the growing number of women opting for preventative mastectomies, one-in-eight of American female consumers will actually be diagnosed with the disease.
For whatever reason, though, big box stores have gotten a pass from the 3.5 million women needing items like bras, prosthetic breasts, swimwear, and other post-mastectomy undergarments.
Thankfully, Target, in all their perfectly color-coordinating wisdom, is starting to change all of that — beginning with an online mastectomy swimwear boutique that launched this summer.
The line, which was released on May 8, 2020, consists of 13 pieces that can be mixed-and-matched as part of the Target-exclusive brand Kona Sol.
“We hope guests love these beautifully designed, on-trend options, whether that’s a bikini in a modern print or a comfortable one-piece, and all at an unbeatable value,” says Julie Guggemos, Target’s senior vice president and chief design officer.
The suits are modern, stylish and available at a value many patrons will appreciate.
Style that works
To create the post-mastectomy collection, Target’s industry-leading team leveraged its technical expertise to create suits that are stylish and functional. This collection can be worn with or without prosthetics, depending on preference.
But either way, they are designed to fit properly and provide the comfort needed.
As a result, patrons can expect the assortment’s bikinis, tankinis and one-pieces to have features like:
- Pockets designed for easy prosthetic insertion and secure cup positioning
- Non-prosthetic removable cups for modesty, shaping or to wear without the prosthesis
- Stylish details and flexible fits that seamlessly hide lines created by the prosthesis
- Higher necklines and armholes that provide irritant-free coverage in all the right places
- Soft lining that provides comfort and protection
- Adjustable straps that keep everything comfortably fastened—and correctly fitted
The Kona Sol post-mastectomy collection is now available to shop exclusively on Target.com ranging from $19.99 to $39.99 and in sizes ranging from XS-XL.